Final book read while sitting on various planes — Dashing Through the Mall. Three holiday themed romances set in the same mall on Christmas Eve. Good fun, predictable, but fun. The book included “Santa, Baby” by Sherryl Woods, “Assignment, Humbug” by Darlene Gardener, and “Deck the Halls” by Holly Jacobs. My favorite, hands down, was “Santa, Baby.” The story might have been predictable, but the characters were real with personalities. The other two stories were good; they just didn’t have the extra little something that I wanted. The paperback ended up being 312 pages long, but I finished it in one leg of my journey back home. Good, fast read to keep the holiday cheer!
Final state of the list:
- Bespelling Jane — Mary Balogh, Colleen Cleason, Susan Krinard, and Janet Mullany
Holidays are Hell –Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Marjorie M. Liu, and Vicki Petersson The New Dead — edited by Christopher Golden
- This Christmas –Jennifer Coburn and Liz Ireland
Dashing Through the Mall — Sherryl Woods, Darlene Gardner, and Holly Jacobs The Geeks’ Guide to World Domination — Garth Sundem
- The Lightkeeper’s Daughter — Colleen Coble (waiting until Jan. 1 to include in Historical Fiction Reading Challenge)
- Rogue Angel: Destiny — Alex Archer
- ArchEnemy — Frank Beddor (waiting until Jan. 1 to include in Fantasy Reading Challenge)
Well, 4 out of 9 isn’t bad. I really only spent time reading through the traveling parts. Now I need to get started on all the reading challenges that I convinced myself I just had to do. Wish me luck!