Books Read and Reviewed (28 books)
- Cooking Up Murder by Miranda Bliss
- Lessons from a Scarlet Lady by Emma Wildes
- Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Romance
- Tall, Dark, and Dead by Tate Hallaway
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- At the King’s Command by Susan Wiggs
- Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
- This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Fables: March of the Wooden Soldiers by Bill Willingham
- The Eternal Kiss
- The Lightkeeper’s Ball by Colleen Coble
- Fables: The Mean Seasons by Bill Willingham
- Ringworld by Larry Niven
- Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall by Bill Willingham
- Lucky Girl by Cate Lord
- The Walking Dead: Book One
- Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister
- Greek Street: Blood Calls for Blood
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
- The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance
- Perfect Timing by Jill Mansell
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Miranda’s Big Mistake by Jill Mansell
- Greek Street: Cassandra Complex
- The Two Lives of Miss Charlotte Merryweather by Alexandra Potter
1,000,000 Page Goal
Monthly Total: 8603 pages
Pages Remaining: 958,735 pages
Warrior (Blades of the Rose #1) by Zoe Archer — If the story keeps up, I found a new favorite series!
Challenges Completed (2)
I finished the Fantasy Challenge from Darlyn’s Fantasy Reading Challenge. You can read my wrap-up post here. I also finished the Support Your Local Library Challenge. I read 100 books from the library. Unfortunately, the Omaha library can’t hold a candle to Allen County’s. Oh well! Now I really have to get moving on some of the other challenges (*cough* Amazon and SciFi *cough*).
Books I Gave Up On (3 books)
The Perfect Bride by Eileen Putman — Just couldn’t get over the arrogance of the male lead. He pissed me off within the first 30 pages and I just couldn’t get over it.
When in Rome by Gemma Townley — I felt like I was reading Bridget Jones’ Diary… and not in a good way. Gave it 50 pages, but just couldn’t seem to enjoy it.
Love’s First Bloom by Delia Parr — Wasn’t feeling the Christian historical fiction
Twenty-right books read and reviewed. Two readalongs sorta done. (I finished the Sense and Sensibility, but lost steam for the Harry Potter one.) Two challenges completed. Another challenge started (Fables Series). A Stampin’ Up club joined. A whole month of meals planned, cooked, and documented.
Wow! It’s been a huge month. I’ve done so much. Now I need to get moving on next month.