Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
There’s so many books out there I want to read. But there are definitely a few that everyone has read and I just haven’t gotten to them. Sometimes it’s because I have issues with waiting between books in a series. I want the whole series with me before I dive in. I know crazy, but I just have waiting problems. Then, there are those books that I want to read, but somehow I haven’t gotten to them yet.
1. The Hunger Games — Have The Hunger Games, but can’t justify paying hardcover prices for the other two. Until I find them or somehow get them from the library (crazy long hold list), I will have to wait. Hopefully I can get to them before the movie comes out. I really want to see it, but can’t do that without reading the books first. Such a dilemma.
2. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo — I must admit that I don’t have a huge interest in these, but they’ve gotten some much press that I feel like I should read them…
3. Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger — I finally found the 4th book in the series at the Borders closing sale. I have them up to read before the year is out. I know there’s a 5th coming, but I figure I could possibly wait a few months for that one.
4. Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost — Almost found all of these on clearance at Half Price Books. Waiting on an opening in my reading schedule to throw these in. I’ve heard so many good things, I have to read soon.
5. Shiver/Linger/Fever by Maggie Stiefvater — Intriguing and such beautfil covers. I don’t have any of these, so it’ll be awhile. But they’re definitely on my list.
6. A Game of Thrones by George Martin — The tv series was amazing. I need to read these. However I don’t have any of these and they’re so dang long. This is will be a challenge.
7. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffennegger — It’s been on my shelf for probably two years. And yet, still it sits. I have really wanted to read this one.
8. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare — So intrigued…
9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead — Another that fell onto my radar this year. Everyone seems to love them and I haven’t read a single one.