From On a Book Bender:
Due to popular demand, we are going to have another Bout of Books read-a-thon. I took the feedback that I received after the first Bout of Books read-a-thon, and have made some changes to see if they work better.
- Bout of Books will run from 12:01am 10/24 through 11:59 pm 10/30 (your time zone)
- Read as much as you can whenever you can. I know that this Bout of Books is close on the heels of the Dewey Read-a-Thon; this was an oversight on my part, but if you plan on reading AT ALL, please sign up. The only person you are competing against here is yourself. There is no pressure.
- Bout of Books should be about networking with fellow bloggers in addition to reading. You were going to read that week anyway, right? Bout of Books gives you the opportunity to share your reading experience with other readers.
- Use #boutofbooks on Twitter to update people on your progress and what you are reading. Feel free to follow me (@BookBender) and your co-hosts (links to follow) for Bout of Books information, but please do NOT @ me (or the co-hosts) with all your updates. This happened during the last Bout of Books, and it was unnecessary and flooded people’s timelines. Using #boutofbooks should suffice. I will try to repopulate the Bout of Books Twitter list.
- Sign-up (beginning 10/6), the master list of participants, official schedule (up by 10/20?), and wrap-up post will all be here on my blog. I will also give people the opportunity to post their read-a-thon goals and possible books to read. My Bout of Books “starting line” post will go up on 10/22.
- Each day during Bout of Books has a different co-host. They are in charge for the day, and will offer you a place for you to share your daily progress if you wish as well as a challenge. Please note that co-hosting is an experiment and I am hoping you will give me feedback at the end of the Bout of Books regarding your experience.
- Your co-hosts (with blog and Twitter links) and the tentative challenge schedule are as follows:
10/27: Erin @ Let’s Evaluate — Guess the Cover Challenge
I’m so excited to do this readathon again. I loved it the first time. I’m going to love it the second time around. I participated in the Dewey readathon, so anything I didn’t finish for that it going on my list for this one. I will probably be slow to start, but hope that the end of the week is productive. I know I won’t top my record from last time (13 books!) because I am now working full time. But I’m going to try anyway.
- Read at least 5 books
- Read at least 1 Net Galley book (TBD)
- Review all books read
- Participate in at least 2 mini challenges
- Complete at least 1 reading challenge
- Read at least 2 hours a day
My TBR pile:
- Penelope’s Daughter by Lauren Corona
- Take a Chance on Me by Jill Mansell
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Contact by Carl Sagan
- Changeless by Gail Carriger
- Blameless by Gail Carriger
- Heartless by Gail Carriger
- Night World Vol. 2 by L.J. Smith
- Night World Vol. 3 by L.J. Smith
- Bellfield Hall by Anna Dean
- The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall
- The Girl from Jungchow by Kate Furnivall
- The Boys: Vol. 7
- The Boys: Vol. 8
- Jack of Fables: Turning Pages
- Jack of Fables: The Bad Prince