Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
Great topic for this week. I’ve picked a variety of authers, but made myself pick only ones that were currently alive. The restriction made it harder, but I found myself picking some authors I’ve been reading (and loving of course). In general, I think any of these authors would be make for interesting dinner conversation. They write very different kinds of books, but I think they are all amazing.
1. Jill Mansell — Awesome British contemporary romance
2. David Moody — Zombie novels Autumn and Autum: The City are currently in my 2011 favorites list
3. Carrie Ryan — More zombie novels. Different from Moody’s but still amazing.
4. Gail Carriger — The Parasol Protectorate series is just great steampunk fun
5. Rick Riordan — Percy Jackson, need I say more?
6. J.K. Rowling — HP, duh!
7. Shannon Hale — Loved her updated take on Pride and Prejudice in Austenland (and the sequel is coming out next year!)
8. Garth Ennis — Writer behind comic series The Boys… very dark, but very intriguing.
9. Jesse Petersen — Author of the Married with Zombies series. A comedic take on zombies? Sure!
10. Bill Willingham — Creator of the comic series Fables. Currently my absolute favorite series. I am addicted to it!