Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
1. Any Jane Austen — My absolute favorite author. I love all six of her completed novels. I’ve convinced a few people of awesomeness that is Austen by giving them as gifts.
2. The Awakening by Kate Chopin — My favorite book of all time. It’s pretty heavy and definitely has a shocker of an ending. But what I loved was the voice: so modern yet still a part of Victorian Creole Louisiana. Chopin was ahead of her time.
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald — Another one of my favorite books. If the guys say he doesn’t like “romance” like Austen, Gatsby is the perfect choice.
4. Harry Potter / Percy Jackson series — Two great young adult series that can be enjoyed by all ages. I loved both of these series. And my 8 year old twins loved both these series. They’re fun for the whole family.
5. Various picture books — Not just for babies who can’t read. I love the art and whimsical nature of pictures.