From Literary Escapism:
I am a huge fan of Diana Gabaldon’s OUTLANDER series and I keep hearing how people want to read this series, but never do. Sadly, I haven’t read any of the Outlander novels since A Breath of Snow and Ashes came out in 2005. The seventh novel, An Echo in the Bone, has already been out for a year and the eighth novel, Written in My Heart’s Own Blood, will be coming out soon (although not soon enough). So I’m thinking I really need to get reacquainted with Jamie, Claire and all the other wonderful characters in the Outlander novels by starting from the beginning. I’m also thinking this is the perfect time for all everyone who keeps saying they want to read it, to finally picking them up. Plus, for those who have read Outlander, but haven’t picked up the Lord John novels – yea, I’m including those too. *grin*
So for 2012, I’m hosting the Outlander Reading Challenge. Here are the details:
- The challenge will run from January 1st through December 31st.
- The goal is to read all 7 Outlander novels as well as all 4 Lord John novels, listed below, or as many as you can or want to do.
- Once a month, we’ll get together and chat about where and what we’ve read (more details about this to come).
- After reading one of the novels, write your review and then come back to the main challenge page and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and which title you’ve read.
I tried to complete the Outlander series last year failed miserably. I didn’t even read one. So, I thought I would challenge myself yet again. Hope this year goes better! I’m only setting a goal of the first 5 novels.
- Outlander (1991)
- Dragonfly in Amber (1992)
- Voyager (1994)
- Drums of Autumn (1997)
- The Fiery Cross (2001)