Hi, I am Victoria and this is the first challenge & only challenge I have ever hosted/probably will host. (It’s a lot of work!) I have hosted this challenge in the past (2010), but in 2011, I chose not to host it. But here it is again for 2012!
Anyhoo, the challenge is to read your name in book title first letters, ultimately spelling out your name. That means:
Using your first name, or blogger name, or your pets name, or even your favorite literary character’s name; whichever you like, choose books with first title letters that spell out your name. Such as my name: Victoria. the first book’s title would start with the letter V, then the next book title begins with I, etc. Make sense? (I hope so!)Rules/Guidelines:
- Whenever you have finished a book for this challenge: If you have a blog, come back here and leave your review link in the Mr. Linky that will be up; for the book you’ve read & reviewed. If you do not have a blog, please just leave your progress in a comment. 🙂
- The challenge runs from Jan. 1st 2012, to Dec. 31st 2012. You may join at any time between Jan 1st and Nov 30th.
- Last but not least, be sure to sign up using Mister Linky Below! & If you want to, leave a comment with what name you’re going to use and where it came from. 🙂 Oh, and don’t forget to link back (with the above button, top of this post) to the challenge from your blog to show you’re participating! (If Mr. Linky does not appear to be working, then please just leave a comment with your info!)Other (minor) Details:
- NAMES ONLY PLEASE! You DO NOT have to use your whole name; just your first name if you want, & initials are okay. No words like: water, book, blue, etc. please, just regular old official NAMES.
- Books read before 1/1/12 do not count. Audio books and eBooks are okay. & Crossovers with other challenges are also okay.
- You could read the books in any order you wish, I certainly can’t show up at your door threatening to banish you from the challenge if you don’t! But then what is the point of READING YOUR NAME out in book title first-letters if you’re not going to do it in order? You’re basically just re-arranging a bunch of letters to spell out your name, and that’s not really the point of this challenge, lol. 🙂
I heard about this challenge last year and thought I should add it, but didn’t. So I’m going to do it this year. I decided to include all three of my names which makes for 23 books. I’m counting books based on the author last name or the title.
O — Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
B — The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
F — The Kingdom of Ohio by Matthew Flaming
R — HP and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
A — At the Queen’s Summons by Susan Wiggs
N — Night of the Necromancer by Kyle West
C — Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
S — Sunshine by Robin McKinley
B — Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier
F — The Firemaster’s Mistress by Christie Dickason
F — Feed by Mira Grant
B — A Great nd Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
A — Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux
R — Morrigan’s Cross by Nora Roberts
G — The Magicians by Lev Grossman
R — Regency Romance Anthology