From My Reader’s Block:
If you are a bookaholic like me, then you can’t let a bookstore (used or new, it doesn’t matter) go by without stopping in (“just to look”) and walking out with at least something–if not an armload. I wait all year for the Red Cross Book Sale in October so I can cart them out by the bagful. And, well, that means that I wind up with gigantic piles of TBR books stacked up around my backroom. I don’t have a TBR shelf. Oh, no. I have “Mount TBR”…possibly a whole mountain range.
Pike’s Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 25 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 40 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 50 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100+ books from your TBR pile/s
And the rules:
- Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you’re on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.
- Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2012.
- You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2012.
- Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2012. No ARCs, no library books. No rereads.
- Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.
- Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.
- A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate.
- A progress site for reviews will go up in January and I will post the link in my sidebar for easy access.
I am going to try and climb Mt. Everest. I easier have more than 100 books sitting on my shelves unread. I am going to try and clean those out this year. (To make room for new to me books….) Oops, did I type that? Of course, I’m not going to buy any new books this year. *wink wink* My reading list will be determined as I read.