The Reading Romances Challenge is not about the amount of books you read, but the variety of titles you’ll have read when the challenge is over! Our goal is to read a bit of everything related to romance and open our minds to new genres we wouldn’t usually read.
- The 2012 Reading Romances Challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. Feel free to sign-up in the comments – you can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
- I’ll post a list of romance sub-genres and a few cool themes for you to choose from each month (you can read all of them or just a couple).
- You can list your books before reading them or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, don’t feel obligated to read them, changes are welcomed!
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the Reading Romances Challenge.
- You don’t have to participate every month, but please try to!
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- I will never tell you to read one specific author, but I might suggest a few titles and authors to give you some ideas.
- You can read the same author more than once and the books can be old or new, but they must be read during the course of the challenge.
- Books used in this challenge may be used in other challenges.
- Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebook.
- Post the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun!
Another Challenge… Going for another romance one this year, but not locking myself into contemproary romance. I will be reading from all sub-genres in romances. My tentative TBR:
- At the Queen’s Summons — Susan Wiggs (Tudor Rose #3) (2009)
- Regency Romance (2010)
- Flirting for Forever — Gwyn Cready (2010)
- Seducing the Heiress — Olivia Drake (2009)
- Never Trust a Rogue — Olivia Drake (2010)
- Scandal of the Year — Olivia Drake (2011)
- The Hostage — Susan Wiggs (2010)
- The Mistress — Susan Wiggs (2010
- The Firebrand — Susan Wiggs (2010)
- Aching for Always — Gwyn Cready (2010)