From Michelle at The True Book Addict:
The Winter’s Respite Read-a-Thon is on January 23 through January 29! It will start at 12:00am Monday and end at 11:59pm on Sunday. Times are central standard time so adjust your times accordingly. I plan to host a mini-challenge (or two or more) and there will be a giveaway for every one who signs in at the starting line and completes a wrap up post at the end. Of course, like most read-a-thons, the books read must be novels or novellas, adult or young adult are fine, but no children’s books. You DO NOT have to participate the entire week. Join in when you can, start in the middle, end early…whatever works best for your schedule. As long as you sign in at the sign-in post and do some kind of wrap up post, you’re in for the giveaway. As with my previous read-a-thons, it will be a week of relaxed reading during which we can personally challenge ourselves and whittle away those ever looming TBR piles/shelves/libraries. I hope you will join me!
You do not have to have a blog to participate. You can sign-up, sign-in, and wrap-up…all from Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads. You can also do updates from those locations, if you do not have a blog. Also, to chat or update during the read-a-thon on Twitter, use hashtag #WintersRespite.
I know I already completed one readathon this quarter, but it’s so cold and nasty out that a readathon just sounds amazing. So here I go again.
- Read 5 books
- Review all books read
- Finish The Great Gatsby and A Midsummer Night’s Dream readalongs
- Get back on Twitter to tweet my progress (@TFrances)
- Read at least 2 library books (and return them, but not check any new out)
- HP Film Wizardry (library book)
- The Great Gatsby
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- The Magician King
- Autumn: Purification (library book)
- Autumn: Disintegration (library book)
- Lost in Austen
- Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children
- Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Manga version (library book)
- A Lady Never Tells
- A Gentleman Always Remembers
- An Affair without End