Many around the book blogging community are participating in a GoodReads Catch Up Readathon hosted by Once Upon a Chapter. I thought about it. I do so love my readathons. But then I started thinking about everything else I wanted to do this weekend and next week. And the readathon started to seem like a chore. So I won’t be participating this time around. I have some other things that I want to get done today, tomorrow, and Sunday:
- Library crawl — Yep that’s right, a library crawl. I’ve lived in Omaha for over 6 months and still haven’t been to most of the branch libraries. So I decided this would be the perfect time. And the library closest to my house just reopened after a huge renovation project. I want to find the best magazine, children’s, and graphic novel areas. Those always seem to be lacking at the branch I usually go to (it’s right between home and work).
- Prep my huge collection of March posts — I’m gearing up for a month long event celebrating my 30th birthday. I have posts scheduled every day. Plus, I’m hosting a big giveaway (tune back in March 1st for details). I need to have all of that basically ready to go by March 1st so I don’t get behind.
- Finish my Disney trip scrapbook — I have less than a third to go…
- Catch up on Downton Abbey — I just started season 2 the other night and have been itching to get back into it
- Catch up on The Vampire Diaries — I’m only one episode behind. Unfotunately, I have to watch it on cwtv.com because our server went down the other day. It’s rebuilding, but will probably take a few days.
- Laundry/dishwashing/bathroom cleaning — Oh the joys of chores. I need to schedule these, otherwise they never get done.
Quite a list of things for this weekend. And on top of all that, I am toying with a self-imposed readathon on Sunday… But I guess I have to get through most of the list first.
Btw: A double check on my GoodReads Challenge shows that I am 8 books ahead of my goal (total 200). I think that will hold me for awhile.