Happy Birthday to Me Edition!
As part of my ongoing celebration for my 30th birthday, I am highlighting some popular songs from throughout my years. Songs were picked based off of a list of Grammy award winners and Billboard Top 100. Then, I chose my favorites to highlight.
Year: 1982 (It’s my birth year!)
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts “I Love Rock n Roll” — Has always been a favorite of mine and one of my go-to karaoke songs.
- The Human League “Don’t You Want Me” — So incredibly 80s… Everytime I hear this song, I go back to scenes of me dancing around the living room with pom poms or a fairy wand or something similar.
- John Cougar Melloncamp “Jack and Diane” — I don’t care what he says his name is now to me it will always be John Cougar. And this one was one I remember hearing all the time as a child.
- The Clash “Should I Stay” — Such a classic song. And bonus points: the boys love The Clash.
- Modern English “I Melt with You” — About a couple making love while nuclear bombs fall. Creepy, but I somehow always loved this song.