Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
I have got a huge spring TBR list, but I will try to pare it done for my readers. For the most part, these are books that I had scheduled to read in January and yet somehow they fell by the wayside. I am committing to knocking these out and soon.
1. Required monthly reads: Shakespeare and Harry Potter — Two of my reading challenges have me reading one Shakespeare play and one HP book per month. I have kept on track so far. I’m not dreading these, I really love reading them. I just have to remind myself to pick them up before month’s end. My upcoming requirements:
- March — Henry V and The Prisoner of Azkaban
- April — Much Ado About Nothing and The Goblet of Fire
2. The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by McNees — This was going into my contest pile but somehow I haven’t read it yet. I really think I should.
3. Triangles by Ellen Hopkins — Contest read
4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger — Contest read
5. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zufon — Contest read
6. Cotillion by Georgette Heyer — Another contest read. I really do have a few of these to read before April 8th…
7. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson — My March Random Reads. I’ve been wanting to read this one for years. Random Reads picked this for me. I guess this is the universe’s way of saying to read it sooner rather than later.
8. The Weather Warden series by Rachel Caine — I finally acquired the entire series. I think it’s time to start reading them now.
9. Morrigan’s Cross trilogy by Nora Roberts — An Indiana friend recommended these to me last summer. I found all three for under $10, put them on my shelf, and there they have sat. I really need to plunge in and get them read.
10. Library Pile — I have about 15 books checked out from the library. I need to read those and them put myself on a library ban until I read at least one tub of books. Wish me luck!