Semi-Charmed Summer 2012 Book Challenge hosted at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
- The challenge will run from May 1, 2012, to September 1, 2012. No books that are started before May 1 or finished after September 1 will count.
- No re-reads! I want you to experience new books with this challenge.
- Each book must be at least 200 pages long, unless otherwise noted.
- A book can only be used for one category. If you want to switch the category later, that’s fine, just be sure to account for that in your point total.
- Each category may only be completed once, so the highest possible total is 200 points.
- The first three people who finish the challenge will win a featured/guest post on my blog. If less than three people finish, the participants with the three highest scores will “win.” Good luck!
5 points: Read a book chosen for the 2012 World Book Night.
10: Read a book you were supposed to read in school, but either bailed on or Cliff-Noted.
10: Read a memoir or narrative nonfiction book. (Examples: Friday Night Lights, When the Game Stands Tall, The Devil in the White City, etc.)
15: Read a book in one day. (Must be at least 150 pages long.)
15: Read a book that you’ve always wanted to read but haven’t gotten around to yet.
20: Read a pair of books that have antonyms in the titles. (For example: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Boy in the Suitcase, or The Unbearable Lightness of Being and Heart of Darkness, etc..)
20: Read a book that is set in a place you’ve never been but want to visit.
25: Find a book written the year you were born that was later made into a movie. Read the book and watch the movie; compare. Or find a movie released the year you were born that was based on a book. Do the same thing.
25: Go into a bookstore or library. Pick any bookshelf. Read the third book from the left on the fourth shelf from the top. (If it’s not at least 200 pages, pick the next book to the right.)
25: Read a book about which you’ve heard bad things.
30: Read a trilogy. Total page count for all three books together must be at least 500 pages. (Remember, you can’t have read any of the books before!
Super excited about this challenge. It just sounds like so much fun! I am currently formulating my TBR list… more soon.