When we moved in April, my original idea was to get a job ASAP. Unfortunately that didn’t happen quickly. And then I realized that the boys would be coming soon (today in fact). With them here, if I got a job, I would have to pay for babysitting/child care and I wouldn’t be able to spend that much time with them. Back in Nebraska, J worked at home, so he could be physically there with the bosy while I was at work. That’s not the situation here. So I will be holding off on the job hunt until towards the end of July.
This means that I will be home everyday with the boys. I’ve been making a list of things we must do. Currently the list includes:
- Getting a library card (for the boys) and weekly trips; summer reading program
- Sky High — trampoline bounce place
- Great America — only 10 minutes from the house!
- Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco
- Alcatraz — J wants to go with, so this will be a vacation day or weekend trip
- Scavenger hunt/photo scavenger hunt — I want to do one of these but haven’t even started thinking about the clues
- San Jose Giants baseball game?
- Beach trip — possibly Santa Cruz
- Exploratorium in San Francisco
- Summer camps — need to get a Sunnyvale account to sign them up
- Most likely daily pool visits
- Get together with an old friend and her kids — possibly at the Santa Cruz boardwalk or in Fresno (her town)
- Possible bike rides — if they can get better at riding