Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
I love these quarterly TTT posts. It forces me to list my top reads for the season. I do so love being organized.
1. His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman — J has been bugging me about this series for just about forever. I promised I would read them this summer. And we have this uber pretty box set…
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the Deathly Hallows — I have only two more books to finish my series reread. I’m so close! And once I finish these, I will have another reading challenge completed for 2012.
3. Mythology by Edith Hamilton — I think this one has been on my list since high school. Twelve long years it has languished on my TBR list. I think this summer is its time to shine.
4. The Lost Hero and Neptune’s Sun by Rick Riordan — The boys and I have been reading The Lost Hero since last summer. To be fair, they only live with me during summer and school breaks. Thanksgiving and spring break we didn’t get any reading done with traveling and family events. We’re getting close to the end of Lost Hero and they already can’t wait to read Son of Neptune. The third book will probably be read next summer.
5. The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman — Another “why did it take me this long to read these?” series… First three volumes are completed, I’m hoping to finish the others this summer.
6. Rebel Angels and A Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray — I’ve had these series for absolutely forever. Finished the first one a few months ago and really ned to complete the series this summer. I’m looking forward to these.
7. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead — I got the first one from the library on a whim and now I’m hooked. I currently have 2, 3, and 4 sitting in the ottoman to read. I hope to finish the entire series this summer.
8. Persepolis and Persepolis 2 by Marjane Satrapi — Really looking forward to these.
9. Fairy tale retellings — I’ve been grabbing a few of these from the stacks at the library. I want to continue the trend throughout the summer…
10. Lots of romance from Susan Wiggs, Nora Roberts, Julia London, Paula Quinn and others — I love me some light and fluffy romance during the summer. Definite pool and beach reads!
11. Finish the Semi-Charmed Summer Challenge — I need to read 7 more books including the Gemma Doyle trilogy, 2012 World Book Night selection, book or movie based on book from 1982 (possibly Blade Runner?), School read (Mythology), “Ugly” in title, and a random pick from library/bookstore. I think it’s doable.