The boys are here! Now on to the fun. I thought it would be a easier to do a week in review for all of our summer adventures. Week two in the past:
- Chilling at home
- Chilling at home — three days in a row, but it felt so nice
- Winchester Mystery House — It’s only about 15 minutes away from our house. I had previously visited 6 years ago on vacation. I thought the boys would enjoy it after our interesting visit to Fallingwater. We did the mansion tour and the behind-the-scenes tour. I love examining all the of the different rooms and gardens. I love that house! I think the boys enjoyed our time.
Wednesday: Fourth of July!
- Fireworks in Cupertino — We didn’t want to fight the crowds to get to the bay, so we decided to head about 15 minutes south to Cupertino. We sat in a nice park with our picnic blanket, card games, and snacks. The fireworks were great. And the best part was that we got home in 30 minutes.
- Running errands without the car — The boys and I took a nice walk to the bank and then to Target.
- Lunch at Gumbas — We grabbed a pizza at the Italian restaurant two blocks from the house. Yummy!
- Pool afternoon
- Movie — We ventured out to see The Amazing Spiderman.
- Library visit — We grabbed some great books and movies.
- Dropped J off at SFO — He’s flying to Romania for a week for a business trip. While the cat’s away, the mice will play. Not really… But I will miss him.
- Getting a library card (for the boys) and weekly trips √
- Sky High √
- Great America √
- Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco √
- Scavenger hunt/photo scavenger hunt
- San Jose Giants baseball game?
- Beach trip √
- Exploratorium in San Francisco
- Summer camps √
- Most likely daily pool visits √
- Get together with an old friend and her kids
- Possible bike rides