Instead of daily posts, I thought it would be a lot easier for me and you if I did weekly update posts. These will track my progress each week. I will highlight what I’ve done, what I want to do, and any interesting tidbits. Sometimes I’ll add pictures and/or links. Hopefully these posts will keep me accountable to me list…
What I Did
3. Listen to 26 new bands (one for each letter of the alphabet) (20/26)
- Alex Clare “Damm Your Eyes”
- The Lumineers “Ho Hey”
5. Make a playlist of my favorite 101 songs — in progress
8. Have a Pixar marathon — ongoing
- Wall-E — A’s pick
- Brave — I loved it! A great new Pixar movie starring a girl!
9. See 101 new movies (50/101)
- Rio — Fairly decent kids movie
- Brave — Amazing!
- The Amazing Spider-Man — Great movie!
- In Time — so so
- This Means War — I could have done without the romance angle. Would have been better as a buddy cop movie.
- The Last Legion — pretty boring retelling of the story of fall of Rome and Excalibur
- One Night with the King — a badly acted version of Esther’s story from the Bible
- 9 — Great children’s flick with an interesting message
- Crazy, Stupid, Love — Amazing movie with Steve Carrell and Ryan Gosling. A Must See!
- Bright Star — This story of John Keats has been on my list forever. Grabbed it from the library. Good, if a little moody.
- Unknown — Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson. Better than I thought it would be, but not really great.
- 30 Minutes or Less — Not the best…
- Mirror, Mirror — Loved that Snow White wasn’t a damsel in distress, but the rest was a bit jokey.
- Casa de Mi Padre — Amazing Will Ferrell movie! Loved the little touches.
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes — Better than I thought it would be…
24. Keep a journal for this project — Ongoing
26. Keep a “Six Words to Describe the Day” journal for 6 months — Finished!
27. Make a list of 101 inspirational quotes (45/101) — added to the page
28. Blog 1001 times (488/1001) 76 posts this period
32. Finish 30 reading challenges (11/30)
- Graphic Novel
- Support Your Local Library
33. Read my height in books (60/68in.) — 5 inches this period
95. Participate in or create a scavenger hunt — I made one for the boys
What I Plan to Do Next Week.
35. Join or create a book club — Still waiting to find a good one.
72. Complete “50 Questions that Free Your Mind” (20/50) — really slacking on these…