As part of my ongoing celebration for my 30th birthday, I am highlighting some popular songs from throughout my years. Songs were picked based off of a list of Grammy award winners and Billboard Top 100. Then, I chose my favorites to highlight.
Book: Readings on Shakespeare’s The Histories
- The Offspring “Americana” — I loved The Offpsring, all the old stuff. The new stuff just doesn’t have the same fun. I think this was their last record that liked. And I saw them in concert either 2000 or 2001. Great times.
- Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” — One of my all time favorite songs. I’ve recently caught this song on Lithium multiple times. Can’t help but stop and sing along.
- Matchbox Twenty “3 am” — Another high school favorite of mine. I hear they have a new song. Haven’t heard it yet, but I’m sure it won’t compete with 3 am.
- Savage Garden “Truly Madly Deeply” — A gooey love song.
- Barenaked Ladies “One Week” — I still can’t sing the entire song, but I love it anyway. Plus, it was on the soundtrack for 10 Things I Hate About You, which is one of my favorite high school era movies.