Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
A round of bookish confessions. I am a bit ashamed at some of these…
1. I am woefully behind on my original 2012 TBR list… I’ve read 116 books this year, but I’m somehow behind. As J keeps bugging me, I haven’t read many of the books that I said I would read back in January. I really need to to get back on track for the last few months of this year.
2. Sometimes I don’t want to read, I’d rather watch TV or some movies… Is this a horrible thing for a book blogger to say? At times I tire of reading, and I just want to rot my brain in front of the TV. And so I do.
3. I’ve seen many movie versions of books before reading the book… Thankfully I have gone back to read the book in many cases. It’s been on of my unofficial rules to read the book before viewing the movie, but it just hasn’t happened in every case.
4. I have a library addiction… I have hundreds of book in my Mount TBR list, but I still find myself patronizing the library for more books to read. I need to get this under control.
5. I own too many bookmarks… I have dozens of bookmarks and yet i only read on book at a time. So why do I need so many bookmarks? I have no idea.
6. Stories I read find their way into my dream… I rehash some plot lines, but I star in them instead of the original heroine. And sometimes my brain makes changes here and there to make a slightly different story.
7. I add ~20 books a week to my TBR list… I think this has gotten a bit out of control. I now have thousands of books on my TBR list. I don’t think I’ll ever get through all those books.
8. I prefer physical stores for book browsing… I love the serendipity moment of stumbling upon a great looking book in the stacks. I just don’t get the same thrill looking at online retailers.
9. I read in spurts… I’m not a consistant reader at all. Sometimes I read 5-6 books a weeks and other times I fail to complete one.
10. I love literary paraphernalia… I would love to decorate my house complete in literary crap. Etsy is my downfall.