Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
Last time I did this topic, I picked a mix of living and dead authors. This time I wanted to highlight only living authors. So here we go…
1. Neil Gaiman — I’ve really gotten into his Sandman series and now want to read all of his works. Maybe I’ll make that a 2013 reading challenge. Plus he’s married to Amanda Palmer (love her!) and his Twitter feed is just great. I’ve put the new hardback version of Stardust on my Amazon wish list. I would love the signed version (so expensive), but unsigned is okay.
2. Lev Grossman — I was blown away by The Magicians. J keeps bugging me to read The Magician King and I really should, but so many books…
3. Richard Castle — Okay I’m cheating a bit… But I really would love to meet Richard Castle and discuss his process. As a bonus I would get to meet Nathan Fillion… Swoon!
4. Rick Riordan — The boys and I have fallen for his Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series. I missed my opportunity to meet him back in Indiana a few years ago. I don’t want to miss another.
5. Garth Ennis — The Boys is one of my new favorite series. It’s so dark and twisted. I would love to ask Ennis all about his inspirations.
6. Bill Willingham — On the lighter side of comics, I adore the Fables series.
7. Robin McKInley — Sunshine may be my favorite book of the year, even beating The Hunger Games. I would love to discuss fairy tales with McKinley.
8. George Martin — If only to encourage him to write faster and finish the series…
9. Mike Mullin — He has created one of the scariest series I have ever read. And I’m a huge horror fan… Must discuss super volcanoes with him.
10. Libba Bray — I liked her Gemma Doyle series and hear that her other books are amazing. Plus every blogger who has met her has great things to say. I should add her other books to my next year’s TBR list.