Instead of daily posts, I thought it would be a lot easier for me and you if I did weekly update posts. These will track my progress each week. I will highlight what I’ve done, what I want to do, and any interesting tidbits. Sometimes I’ll add pictures and/or links. Hopefully these posts will keep me accountable to me list…
What I Did
3. Listen to 26 new bands (one for each letter of the alphabet) (26/26)
9. See 101 new movies (68/101)
- Lockout — Luc Besson’s new scif(ish) adventure film. It was fun, but there were a few scenes that just confused me.
- Ran — Akiro Kurosawa’s film is based partly on Shakespeare’s King Lear, so perfect to watch after reading the play.
- The Blind Side — Good feel good movie. Grabbed it at the library
- Safe — J had been wanting to see this for awhile. And I love a good action flick, especially starring Jason Statham.
- The Mechanic — Another Statham film, but one I hadn’t seen and it was sitting on our shelf. Not quite as good as Safe.
- Moneyball — Surprisingly good movie
- End of Watch — Got few tickets through AMC’s Stubs program. Thank goodness we didn’t pay. Many issues with this one.
- The Vow — Redbox afternoon pick. Typical Nicholas Sparks, but I do like fluffy romances every once in a while.
- Friends with Kids — A great, honest love story.
- The Cabin in the Woods — I loved the big twist concept. Amazing movie!
17. Reread all of the Harry Potter books (7/7)
25. Buy a moleskine notebook — Done! I grabbed a classic black unlined one for my design inspirations.
28. Blog 1001 times — 59 times this period. I’m past the halfway point for this challenge! (582/1001)
32. Finish 30 reading challenges (15/30)
- Fables reading challenge — Finally finished this by reading Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love
- Romance reading challenge — completed this one with the help of rest of Susan Wiggs’ Tudor Rose trilogy
- Harry Potter — Loved rereading these and then watching the corresponding movie.
33. Read my height in books (68/68in.)
37. Pass 250,000 pages read for my 1,000,000 pages challenge (97,642/250,000)
65. Save $5 for every task completed ($75)
72. Complete “50 Questions that Free Your Mind” (50/50)
What I Plan to Do Next Week.
35. Join or create a book club — I’ve found a club that will meet later in October.
5. Make a playlist of my favorite 101 songs — I finished putting all the music on the server. Now I need to sort through it…