Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
Just in time for Halloween I present some Kick Ass Heroines. Dress up as one of these awesome ladies!
1. Katnis Everdeen from The Hunger Games — She’s just awesome. I think we can all agree that she did the best she could with the lot given. I love her battle moments and the quiet moments.
2. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter — I think if these books had come out when I was young, I would have dressed as Hermione for every Halloween. Even at the beginning of the series, you know she will eventually kick some serious ass.
3. Alexia Tarabotti from Parasol Protectorate — You wouldn’t immediately think proper Victorian lady for this list, but Alexia can kick ass when she needs to. I love her “proper” fighting!
4. Madame Lefoux from Parasol Protectorate series — Her inventions are killer (sometimes literally) and she has style. Even when she betrayed Alexia, she did it for love and family. I love her character throughout the series.
5. The Female from The Boys series — Her story is tragic. She never speaks. And yet, she’s the deadliest weapon The Boys possess.
6. Death from Sandman series — Come on, she’s Death! How bad ass is that? Plus, she’s a great counterpoint to her brother Dream. And she still has a kick ass wardrobe.
7. Annabeth from Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series — The ultimate daughter of Athena (always my favorite of the Greek goddesses). She is smart, gorgeous, and dangerous. The perfect woman.
8. Thalia from Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series — She sacrifices everything first to guard Camp Half-Blood and then becomes a Hunter of Artemis. She is a bad ass!
9. Alice from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland — Not an obvious choice. But she does navigate Wonderland and defeat the Queen of Hearts in a way. I love her…
10. Cinderella from Fables series — The ultimate spy posing as a fairy tale princess. I loved the glimpses of her in the main series. And she even gets her own spinoff. From Fabletown with Love.
And for your viewing pleasure, check out the BAMF Girls. Hilarious!