From the Book Drunkard:
With the end of the year upon us (and coming too quickly, in my opinion!), I looked at my stack of books and decided that there is no better way to make a dent in my TBR pile than to host a read-a-thon! I will admit, I’ve been a bit in a ‘reading funk’ lately, and I need something to jump start me.
So, it’s pretty simple. Sign up on this post with the number of books you plan on reading during the week of December 2 – 8. You can even leave a list of books you’re reading! If enough people sign up, there will be a prize, so tell your friends! Leave a link to your read-a-thon blog post (if you have one) but you don’t need one to participate.
The more the merrier! Let’s get together, cheer each other on and try to read our reading goals before the end of 2012.
- Read at least 5 books
- Review all books read
- Read at least 2 hours a day
My TBR pile (what I need to read to finish my 2012 challenges):
- Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
- The Bridge of Scarlet Leaves by Kristin McMorris
- Arthurian Romances by Chretien de Troyes
- The Magician King by Lev Grossman
- The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (about halfway through)
- The Firemaster’s Mistress by Dickason
- Living History by Hilary Rodham Clinton