So how to describe me?
- Mother — I have two imaginative, energy filled boys (twins age 9). They keep me on my toes. I don’t love every minute of being a mother and those who know me know I could never be a full-time stay at home mom, but I love being a parent. It is fulfilling beyond my wildest dreams.
- Teacher — I taught high school social studies for three years. Although I have moved on, I still consider myself a teacher at heart. I will probably get back into the actual paid teaching aspect sometime in the future.
- Reader — I have always read. I love sitting somewhere quiet getting engrossed in a great book. Over the past few years, I have branched out into almost every genre. I’m really reading all kinds of books and loving it. Of course, anything with zombies is a no brainer (hee hee!).
- Blogger — Currently I write for only one blog (this one, duh!). In the past, I also wrote an education themed blog that is still archived at The New Athenian.
- Marketer — Short contract job… but an interesting departure from my past occupations.
- Student — Much like reader, I have been a student my entire life and will continue the trend for the rest of my life. My friend says his goal is to have more letters (degrees) after his name than in his name. His name (first and last) only has eight. He’s getting close. I have a lot more letters to go, but I love that goal. I want to be that 80-year-old women in your college class learning about art or design or biology. Whatever as long as I am learning.
- All Jane Austen (#1 favorite — Persuasion)
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Autumn series by David Moody