As part of my ongoing celebration for my 30th birthday, I am highlighting some popular songs from throughout my years. Songs were picked based off of a list of Grammy award winners and Billboard Top 100. Then, I chose my favorites to highlight.
Music Selections: I realize that it is only September, but I’ve come to the end of my Music Mondays My Years posts. So I thought I would end them with some of my favorites for this year so far.
- Florence + the Machine “What the Water Gave Me” — Such a beautiful song. This is hands down my favorite song on the album.
- The Black Keys “Gold on the Ceiling” — Who doesn’t love The Black Keys? I would take them home any day.
- Green Day “Oh Love” — While I wasn’t that excited about 21st Century Breakdown, I am loving this song…
- David Guetta feat. Sia “Titanium” — This is my summer song.
- The Shins “Simple Song” — Another favorite band. I love this song way too much and James Mercer’s voice is to die for…
- Jack White “Sixteen Saltines” — I really must buy this album. I love everything Jack White does.
- Santigold “Disparate Youth” — I’m not a huge fan of hers, but I love the music behind this one.
- Mumford and Sons “I Will Wait” — I can’t wait until the new album. I already pre-ordered it on iTunes.
- Alex Clare “Too Close” — A relatively new find for me. Love his voice.