Back in high school, I kept a quote notebook. Anytime I ran across an interesting or funny quote I would put it in the book. I eventually filled that notebook and started another. I recently unearthed those notebooks to use for ideas for my Quote Wednesday posts. While perusing the notebook, I ran across a huge section of movie quotes from the 1990s. These were the movies that I watched over and over again in high school. For today’s fun, I thought I would share those quotes. But you have to guess what movie they are from… (don’t worry, answers will be at the bottom of the post)
1. What’s with you today, Lucas? Yesterday you were normal, today you’re like the Chinese guy from the Karate Kid.
What’s with today, today?
2. Slappy, Swammy, Swans, Swanson? Maybe it’s on the briefcase. Ah, Samonsite, I was way off!
3. If I saw myself dressed like that, I’d have to kick my own ass.
4. Yeah, but when the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates down eat the tourists.
5. Men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable.
6. I figure we demand some weird stuff so that later we can plead insanity.
7. Go, go Buffalo!
8. I’d like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.
9. What, you think just cause a guy reads comics he can’t start shit?
10. Have I stepped over some line in the sands of coolness with you?
11. What was that? You’re trailing off… and did I catch a “niner” in there? Were you calling from a walkie talkie?
12. A gun rack? A gun rack. I don’t even own ahh gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack!
13. I guess in the end I’m just a trendy ass poser.
14. Are you asking me out? That’s so cute; what’s your name again?
15. I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.
Make your guesses now…
Go on… you know you quote some of these at any given opportunity…
And now for the answers…
1. Empire Records (1994)
2. Dumb and Dumber (1994)
3. Happy Gilmore (1996)
4. Jurassic Park (1993)
5. Clueless (1995)
6. Airheads (1994)
7. Idle Hands (1999)
8. Dazed and Confused (1993)
9. Mallrats (1993)
10. Reality Bites (1994)
11. Tommy Boy (1995)
12. Wayne’s World (1992)
13. SLC Punk (1998) — love Heroin Bob!
14. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
15. So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)