Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers’ answers. Everyone is welcome to join. If you can’t come up with ten, don’t worry about it—post as many as you can!
I read a ton of New-to-Me authors this year. Here’s my 10 highlights:
1. Mira Grant — I thoroughly enjoyed Grant’s Newsflesh trilogy. I can’t wait to see what else I could read from this author.
2. Rhiannon Frater — Another great zombie trilogy. I’ve been seeing a huge bunch of rave reviews for Frater’s other books. I must check them out.
3. Madeleine Roux — I’m sensing a trend of great zombie authors… Anyway, loved these two companion novels.
4. Libba Bray — The Gemma Doyle trilogy was great. Looking forward to other books.
5. Philip Pullman — Very layered books
6. Mike Mullin — Scared the crap out of me.
7. Kendare Blake — Another scary book. I really want to read the sequel.
8. Carlos Ruiz Zafon — The Shadow of the Wind was a great love letter to books and literature.
9. Robin McKinley — Sunshine was so beautiful, I’m kind of afraid to read her other books for fear that they won’t live up to it.
10. Lev Grossman — The Magicians was very complex and interesting.