Instead of daily posts, I thought it would be a lot easier for me and you if I did weekly update posts. These will track my progress each week. I will highlight what I’ve done, what I want to do, and any interesting tidbits. Sometimes I’ll add pictures and/or links. Hopefully these posts will keep me accountable to me list…
What I Did
3. Listen to 26 new bands (one for each letter of the alphabet) (18/26)
- Kindness “House”
- Birdy “Just a Game”
- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros “Home”
- Radical Face “Welcome Home”
5. Make a playlist of my favorite 101 songs — in progress. I am currently working through the Js.
6. Watch all the James Bond movies (22/22) — Finished!
8. Have a Pixar marathon — ongoing
- Up — started with the saddest one, but a good one
9. See 101 new movies (35/101)
- Super 8 — Great story. Could have done with the Abrams patented lens flares.
- Like Crazy — Awesome quiet little story of love. Most of it was improvised dialogue between Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin.
- One for the Money — Ugh! Thank goodness this was a Redbox movie. Crap!
- Secret of My Success — How have I not seen this awesome 80s Michael J. Fox farce? And we even own it.
- Haywire — Good action sequences, blah storyline…
- The Three Musketeers — Overly hyped and stylized. Just didn’t get me at all. I was laughing at the ridiculousness.
- The Woman in Black — Very predictable. And hard to see Harry Potter as a widow with a young boy.
12. See all of IMDB’s Top 250 movies (11/250)
14. Choose an actor/actress and see all their films (1/ 22) — I picked Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. One movie complete this week.
16. Spend an afternoon in the park reading — Perfect week to do this when the boys were at summer camp.
17. Reread all of the Harry Potter books (6/7) — One to go…
24. Keep a journal for this project — Ongoing
26. Keep a “Six Words to Describe the Day” journal for 6 months — Ongoing
28. Blog 1001 times — 45 posts this period (412/1001)
30. Finish 100 creative writing prompts (4/100) — I only do these at the coffeehouse… I need to do more.
32. Finish 30 reading challenges (8/30) — Completed the Read Your Name Challenge with 23 books.
33. Read my height in books — 5 inches this period (55/68in.)
37. Pass 250,000 pages read for my 1,000,000 pages challenge (79,394/250,000)
60. Try 30 new recipes (25/30)
- Chocolate avocado muffins
- Blueberry buttermilk cake
65. Save $5 for every task completed ($55)
100. Scrapbook 100 pages (84/100) — 16 pages in the boys’ books completed.
What I Plan to Do Next Week.
35. Join or create a book club — Still waiting to find a good one.
72. Complete “50 Questions that Free Your Mind” (20/50) — Have the templates ready, just haven’t answered them yet.
Monthly Goal — July
My day in 6 words. Ongoing for the next three months.
Take 26 photos of things that inspire me (one for each letter of the alphabet). I am going to try and complete this goal this month… Maybe the bosy can help me think of things.